Here you can find out about of the education-related projects I’ve been involved with over the years, find teaching resources and read articles about issues in education. Click on the thumbnail images to view the pages.
Ideas and Resources for Teachers and Students
I will start adding uploading my teaching materials and ideas here. You are free to use any of the materials for non-commercial purposes (just add an acknowledgement that the materials were developed by Stephen Richards (longzijun.wordpress.com).
- Student Video Projects: Fifty people, one question & Oral histories
- Dreamers HK: What’s Your Dream in Life?: A video project by a group of students based on the fifty people one question concept
- Mime Workshop Ideas: Using video to teach/learn mime
- Poetry Basics: Haiku (includes printable notes)
- The Road Most Mistaken: Interpreting ‘The Road Not Taken’ by Robert Frost
- Introduction to Debating: PDF File
- Alone (Song Analysis Activity): Featuring an original student composition (includes printable notes)
Articles: Issues in Education
- Information Technology in Education: Personal experiences and reflections
- Plagiarism: Questions about Copying, Culture and Consequences
- Planning Web-based Teaching: A Case Study and Guidelines
While working at City University’s Division of Language Studies, I was sometimes responsible for designing promotional materials.