Promotional and educational videos I’ve produced for the school where I teach (2009 – Present)
Cme Creative Media Studio
A secondary school multimedia studio (2009 – Present)
A fun secondary school language learning environment (2006 – Present)
A website for young Asian writers: 1997 – 2004
Online Creative Writing Workshop
An online peer-review system (1999 – 2001)
A web-based grammar tool: 2005 – 2006 (now offline)
These are educational first-person action games developed using the MissionMaker software.
Ideas and Resources for Teachers and Students
I will start adding uploading my teaching materials and ideas here. You are free to use any of the materials for non-commercial purposes (just add an acknowledgement that the materials were developed by Stephen Richards (longzijun.wordpress.com).
- Running a School English Corner: A successful example
- Student Video Projects: Fifty people, one question & Oral histories
- Mime Workshop Ideas: Using video to teach/learn mime
- Poetry Basics: Haiku (includes printable notes)
- The Road Most Mistaken: Interpreting ‘The Road Not Taken’ by Robert Frost
- Introduction to Debating: PDF File
- Alone (Song Analysis Activity): Featuring an original student composition (includes printable notes)
Articles: Issues in Education
- Information Technology in Education: Personal experiences and reflections
- Plagiarism: Questions about Copying, Culture and Consequences
- Planning Web-based Teaching: A Case Study and Guidelines
While working at City University’s Division of Language Studies, I was sometimes responsible for designing promotional materials.