I haven’t played sax for a while as I am now concentrating on producing my own compositions (mainly using keyboards). I have played with different kinds of ensembles over the years. A lot of these were for one-off gigs.
- Carleton University Music Department Contemporary Music Ensemble
- Carleton University Orchestra
- A jazz big band (name long forgotten) in Ottawa
- Inside Out, a pop-funk indie band in Ottawa
- I was the composer and performer for the soundtrack of a Carleton University drama production of David Mamet’s Sexual Perversity in Chicago.
- City University of Hong Kong Choir (for Christmas concerts)
- A blues band in Hong Kong led by Vincent Lam
- A backing band put together to support 60s HK pop legend Joe Junior at a concert for a convention
- Site Access a Hong Kong pop-funk band. I also played on a song the band composed for Jan Lamb’s (Lam Hoi Fung) 30’mething album: (New Romance. Yim from Site Access composed the saxophone riffs
- Here is a brief clip of me performing with Ghost Style (aka Brandon Ho) from Site Access at a performance in Hong Kong’s Victoria Park
Student Music Projects
Recently, students at my school have shown an interest in recording cover versions or pop songs as well as their own original work. Basically, I help them out by recording the audio more cleanly and enhancing the quality of the recordings. Here is the first video in this series: Babble’s interpretation of Ai Otsuka’s Planetarium:
Go to our channel on YouTube: CreativeMediaPop
The whole series is being uploaded to this page: Student Music: Originals and Covers