This pages serves as a portfolio of education projects I have worked on as well as my creative work in music, photography and writing.
Holly’s Theme (Background Music No. 37) is a video in the free background music series. This video is a collaborative effort with Kate Kwok (piano arrangement and performance) and dancers from Japan, the USA, the Czech Republic and Georgia.
This website features:
- Music: Original compositions; free background music
- Videos: Travel videos, videos about art, culture and movies
- Photography: Travel and street photography
- Writing: Poetry, reviews, Japanese music & blog posts
- Teaching: School-related projects, resources and articles
- artjouer (my blog for contemporary art and architecture)
- AsianVoices: An archived version of a site I used to run featuring poems and stories by young Asian writers
Social Media Links
The WordPress blog serves as my main site, but I also have the following accounts:
- YouTube: music by longzijun (my main music)
- YouTube: longzijun (alternate music channel)
- YouTube: artjouer (art and culture)
- YouTube: kirgrin (about film)
- Flickr: longzijun (main Flickr account)
Under Construction: I have started the following sites, but they are just in their embryonic stages at the moment:
- Instagram: eachlifeconverges (new personal account: street photography, travel photos, culture, cute things)
- Instagram: eternitygazing (new account for images of artwork I come across that focus on the theme of beauty).
- Tumblr: artjouer (new) art and street art highlights
- Soundcloud: artjouer (new) selected music tracks
I am a Canadian who is based in Hong Kong. Westerners are often given Chinese names when they come to Hong Kong, much as Hong Kong students adopt Western names. I have used a variation on this Chinese name (longzijun) for my web-based work and creative projects for over a decade as it is more distinctive and easier to search for than my actual name (whish is quite common and shared by several semi-famous people.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org