Here are some of the education-related projects I’ve been involved with over the years. You can also find teaching resources and read articles about issues in education. Click on the thumbnail images to view the pages.
1. Featured Projects
These are some of the most interesting things I have been involved with: a multimedia studio, an English Corner and a creative Writing website.
2. School-related Video Production
Most of video work is related to my job as a teacher in a Hong Kong secondary school. I set up a very small multimedia studio a few years ago (described here: longzijun.wordpress.com/projects/lamwoo-studio/). In addition to supervising student work, I also use the facilities there to create videos for the school.
3. Animation and Computer Game Design
I’ve experimented with animation software to produce promotional and educational material.
4. Past Projects
5. Ideas and Resources for Teachers and Students
I will start adding uploading my teaching materials and ideas here. You are free to use any of the materials for non-commercial purposes (just add an acknowledgement that the materials were developed by Stephen Richards (longzijun.wordpress.com).
- Student Video Projects: Fifty people, one question & Oral histories
- Mime Workshop Ideas: Using video to teach/learn mime
- Poetry Basics: Haiku (includes printable notes)
- The Road Most Mistaken: Interpreting ‘The Road Not Taken’ by Robert Frost
- Introduction to Debating: PDF File
- Alone (Song Analysis Activity): Featuring an original student composition (includes printable notes)
6. Articles: Issues in Education
- Teachers, Students and Facebook, Oh My!: What are the issues surrounding Facebook friendships
- Plagiarism: Questions about Copying, Culture and Consequences
- Planning Web-based Teaching: A Case Study and Guidelines
While working at City University’s Division of Language Studies, I was sometimes responsible for designing promotional materials.
~by Stephen Richards (longzijun)