Here are some of the education-related projects I’ve been involved with over the years. You can also find teaching resources and read articles about issues in education.
These are some of the most interesting things I have been involved with: a multimedia studio, an English Corner and a creative Writing website. Click on the thumbnail images to view the pages.
Articles about Creative Writing & Literature
- Creative Writing: Sources of Inspiration & the Creative Process
- Basic Elements of Creative Writing: Subject, Genre & Theme
- Basic Elements of Creative Writing: Narrative Point of View
- Poetic Techniques: Rhyme
- Poetry Forms: Diamond Poems
- Poetry Forms: Sense Poems
- Poetry Forms: Haiku
- Poetry Forms: Limericks
- Poetry Forms: Free Verse
- Poetry Forms: Sonnets
- Poetry Interpretation: The Road Most Mistaken: Interpreting ‘The Road Not Taken’ by Robert Frost
- Poetry Interpretation: In a Station of the Metro by Ezra Pound
Ideas and Resources for Teachers and Students
I will start adding uploading my teaching materials and ideas here. You are free to use any of the materials for non-commercial purposes. Just add an acknowledgement that the materials were developed by longzijun (longzijun.wordpress.com).
- Student Video Projects: Fifty people, one question & oral histories
- Mime Workshop Ideas: Using video to teach/learn mime
- Introduction to Debating: PDF File
Articles: Issues in Education
- Plagiarism: Questions about Copying, Culture and Consequences
- Planning Web-based Teaching: A Case Study and Guidelines
Animation, Computer Game Design and Online Learning
I’ve experimented with different kinds of software to produce promotional and educational material.
- Online Writing Workshop (1999-2001, now offline): An online peer review system for a college creative writing course
- Tense Finder Grammar Website (2005-2006, now offline): An interactive tool for learning about verb tenses
- MissionMaker Mini-games (2008-2010): First person adventure games made using the MissionMaker software
- Promotional Videos (2010-2012) an English activity promotional video and a video made to introduce the school’s Geographic Information Systems room.
- Experiments with Animation Software (2008): Animated dictations (produced with CrazyTalk) and animation (produced with iClone)
While working at City University’s Division of Language Studies, I was sometimes responsible for designing promotional materials.