A few years ago, I started to learn video editing. As I’ve been learning things along the way, I’ve been writing articles about things like social media and copyright, film technique, editing and exporting using Premiere Pro and audio-recording tips for video makers.
- Film Scene Analysis 02: Cinematography and Mise-en-scène in American Beauty
- Film Scene Analysis 01: Fight Scene Editing and Cinematography: The Bourne Identity and Hero
YouTube & Copyright Articles
- YouTube: Monetization and the Issue of Duplication: An article explainng the kinds of that may be affected YouTube’s ‘duplication’ policy.
- Was Your YouTube Channel Suspended for No Reason? A Guide to Community Guidelines-related Suspensions
- Is it OK to buy views for YouTube videos? Is it effective? It it against the TOS?
- How Much Do Do the Top YouTube Stars Make: The first in a new series of articles about YouTube
- Music: Public Domain, Fair Use, Copyright and YouTube: Guidelines for video-makers
- Let’s Play Videos, YouTube and and Copyright: FAQ
- The Illegal Downloading Debate: Is it OK to Download Songs without Paying?
- Creative Commons Licenses: Advantages and Drawbacks
Audio Recording in Video Production
This is a series of three articles on how to get the best sound recording on a budget.
- Improving Sound Quality: Recording Techniques
- Improving Sound Quality: Basic Noise Reduction
- Improving Sound Quality: Audio Equipment
Video Editing & Exporting
These articles cover what I have learned about video formats, project settings and export settings (mainly related to Adobe Premiere Pro). I try to kee the information in these pages as up-to-date as possible.
- Exporting HD Video for YouTube: Premiere Pro CS3 to CS6
- Choosing Premiere Pro Project Settings for HD Video: Very important, as it is difficult to change project settings once you begin
- Changing Project & Sequence Settings: Premiere Pro CS3 and CS4: Premiere Pro CS3 & CS4
- Premiere Pro CS4: Maximum Render Quality: For better image quality, especially with video of fast-moving objects
- Exporting Video for YouTube: Pixel Aspect Ratio Basics: How to get a pixel aspect ratio of 1:1
- Troubleshoot Export Failures: What to do when you see the error message: Application Failed to Return a Video Frame
- Exporting Video for Nico Nico Douga: Recommended settings