TheCMe Creative Media Studio is a small low-budget multi-media production studio at SKH Lam Woo Memorial Secondary School. The main goal of the studio is to provide resources for students and staff to work on a wide variety of digital media projects, including:
Video recoding, editing , post-production and special effects
- Audio and music
- Graphic design and photography
- Websites design and flash animation
- Computer game design, 3-D animation and storyboad production
- DVD creation.
I set up the studio in late 2008 and it is now fully operational with a team of 10 students involved in a variety of projects. You can check out our website here:
1. Pages of Life – This is the first publicly released project from student studio team members. It is documentary about two elderly men, an ice-cream vendor and a watchmaker, and their views towards life and work.
This documentary won the top award – The ThinkSeries Video Award – in junior section of the ThinkSeries Video Competition: www.thinkseries.org/site/winners/2010/video/
2. Happy Virus – This is a short flash animation created by Mandy Mui Ching-man.
3. Dreamers HK: What’s Your Dream in Life. This is a short documentary about the different paths people take to realize their dreams. It was completed by the same team that did the Pages of Life.
There are also additional videos featuring different interviewees discussing their dreams: longzijun.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/dreamers-a-short-film/
4. Music videos Recently, students have become more interested in doing music videos featuring their originals and covers. The whole series of videos is presented here: Student Music – Originals and Covers. Here are two recent videos:
An original song by Babbles: Last Goodbye (Japanese)
Kate’s Cover of Taylor Swift’s Breathe
~by Stephen Richards (longzijun)
Return to Education (Projects, Resources & Articles)